Thursday, July 12, 2012
Announcements with Image - SharePoint 2010
Given below are the steps to configure Announcement web part with image
Steps to Display Image in an Announcements List.
• Create an Announcement List
o Name the List
• Go to List Settings and check if you have Page Image Column available in list settings
• If you can't find a Page Image Column, click Add existing Site Column
• Select Page Image Column from the List.
• Select the option of , Add this column to your default view
• Now come your home page(Page where you want to add announcement web part with image)
• Add a content Query web part and go to settings of CQWP.
• in Query Section select your previously created announcement list as source. (show items from this list type)
• Scroll down to Fields to Display section under Presentation in settings of CQWP
• In Title Add the name of Column (list column) in this format List Column [Group of List Column] e.g: Title[Custom Columns]
• In Image section add name of image column in this format List Column [Group of List Column] e.g:- Page Image[Page Layout Image]
• you can apply different styles available in Styles column by making combination of Group Style and Item Style: e.g: Group Style Default and Item Style Fixed Image Size
• click apply and ok and you will start seeing the data in your CQWP
Customizing column width/image size etc
Open the site in SharePoint Designer
Open All Files->Style Library->ItemStyle.xsl
This xsl has styles which are applied on CQWP, so you may want to override some of them to make any changes.